Flood Relief from E.ON Energy Fund

Tad flood 1

Selby and Ainsty residents affected by the recent flooding should check if they are eligible for relief assistance from the E.ON Energy Fund, as detailed below:

E.ON is advising residents who’ve been affected by recent floods that they could receive replacement boilers or multiple white goods if they’re eligible for help. E.ON Energy Fund applicants are usually limited to claiming for one appliance per household – either a fridge-freezer, washing machine or cooker. However, E.ON is offering eligible people whose homes have been recently flooded, multiple white goods in order to provide them with a little extra help.  Applicants will need to apply to the fund by 31st March 2016 to be eligible.

The E.ON Energy Fund is open to all energy customers, regardless of their supplier, and people who are eligible could also receive support with the payment of energy debt.

To be eligible for support, applicants or someone in their household must meet one of the following criteria, and they must also provide evidence of meeting the following criteria:

  • Be in receipt of Pension Credit;
  • Be in receipt of means tested Council Tax reduction
  • Be in receipt of Child Tax Credits or Universal Credit equivalent with a total gross household income of £16,190 or less;
  • Be in receipt of Income Related Employment and Support Allowance;
  • Be in receipt of Working Tax Credits with a total gross household income of £16,190 or less;
  • Be in receipt of Income Support or Income based Jobs Seekers Allowance;
  • Be in receipt of Universal Credit but not self-employed or in work;
  • Have a total household of income of £16,190 or less;
  • Be seriously ill or have a terminal illness which can be validated with a letter from a Doctor or Medical Practitioner.

The following link  http://www.eonenergyfund.com takes you to Charis Grants website where anyone is able to apply to the fund online. Please note that the online form restricts the selection to one white good so if the applicant requires multiple, it will need to be specified in the information ‘free text’ box. They should also state ‘FLOOD APPLICATION’ on the free text box of the application form.

There may also be additional support that Charis Grants can offer affected residents so I would encourage them to get in touch by either calling 01733 421021 or by emailing admin@charisgrants.com