Nigel Adams MP is seeking to recruit a motivated, well-organised individual to fulfil the role of Senior Caseworker in his constituency office. The applicant will be expected to deal directly, both face to face and on the telephone, with members of the public, some of whom may be distressed or disadvantaged, therefore a calm and reassuring demeanour is essential.
The applicant should be organised, self-motivated and able to handle a potentially large case-load efficiently and effectively. Occasional weekend and evening work is involved accompanying Nigel at his advice surgeries.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:
- Experience of casework or a similar role
- Good knowledge of key policy issues: eg, work and benefits, housing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- People skills
- Excellent organisational skills and a methodical approach to record keeping
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and casework databases
- Interest in current affairs
The job description will include:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public via email, social media, phone and correspondence
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Ensuring all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Gathering relevant information to assist in resolving cases
- Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Supporting people with often very complex issues in a sensitive way
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with Data Protection Act
- Attend advice surgeries and meetings as appropriate
- Willingness to occasionally attend events/meetings in Westminster as appropriate
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key local issues
Candidates should have an enthusiasm for working with people and providing a first rate service to constituents. The candidate should also be willing to develop knowledge in specialist areas and attend any relevant training. A knowledge of the constituency and of casework systems would be an advantage.
Salary: £19,000 to £28,849 pa
To apply please email a CV with a covering letter by 30th June to firstname.lastname@example.org