From the 6th January, all overnight stays and holidays away from primary residences will not be allowed. This includes holidays abroad and in the UK. It also means you cannot stay in a second home, if you own one, or staying with anyone you do not live with or are in a support bubble with.
There are exceptions to these travel rules for a number of reasons, including:
- travelling to work where this cannot be done from home
- travelling to education and for caring responsibilities
- hospital GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
- visiting venues that are open, including essential retail
- exercise, if you need to make a short journey to do so
*The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel.*
A list of countries exempt from this is available here.*
Entering the UK - Quarantine
Travellers entering the UK must undertake a 10 day quarantine period. There are a limited number of exceptions to this - full information about quarantining on arrival in the UK is available here.